What’s Better than a Rewarding Career in Food?
If you love making people happy with food, you’ll love the chance to work in the many dining venues here at RiverMead. It’s a joy for chef’s, cooks and servers alike to please their patrons. Our residents are accustomed to eating well and they are pleased to offer compliments when they are due.
Variety: We offer a wide variety of culinary service positions from executive chef to dietary aides, kitchen prep staff, servers, and bussers.
Growth: You’ll learn and grow in the culinary field by gaining experience in different venues including bistro fine dining, pub & grille, café and even an Asian Hibachi.
Opportunities for Students: If you're a high school or college student looking for work, RiverMead might be the perfect place! We offer flexible schedules designed with students in mind, and working with us can give you valuable experience for years to come.
Diverse Dining Venues
- Hearth Room – a cozy spot where someone can grab a cup of coffee with a pastry and read the newspaper or visit with other residents.
- Bistro – casual, buffet-style dining with daily menu changes. The Bistro is a great place for a sandwich, hamburger or made-to-order dish.
- River Room – features daily chef’s specials and delicious standard fare choices like seafood, steaks and salads and various gourmet creations.
- The Village Pub – features an open hearth pizza oven and plenty of social space with BYOB liquor lockers. Pastries are served with coffee and tea every morning.
- Flavors Grill – features Conscious Cuisine. Lunch and dinner is served daily with soups, salads and chef’s creations hot off the grill. The relaxed venue features a buffet, the Garden Room, and an outdoor patio.
If having a relationship with your coworkers and customers is important, get ready for a fulfilling job at RiverMead! You’ll soon get to personally know your customers, their preferences, and their favorite dishes. Isn’t it nice when everyone in the house knows just what the customer wants when he or she says, “I’ll have the usual.”
Flexible Hours: RiverMead dining services offer flexible hours across the different venues so that parents and students can find convenient work schedules here in both full-time and part-time positions.
Strike the Perfect Work-Life Balance: Say goodbye to the uncertainty that often comes with working in the restaurant industry and hello to a consistent schedule that doesn't require late nights!
Enjoy a State-of-the-Art Kitchen: At RiverMead, our kitchens are equipped with advanced systems and tools to help our chefs concentrate on their work. Our team can enjoy a comfortable, air-conditioned workspace that allows them to focus on their craft.